cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Chat in Recorded Webinar

FLCTSD
Listener

We are newly licensed for Webinar and had our first session. It went well. But our host asked is it possible to view the chat along with the recorded video? I guess they want the people who watch the recording to be able to see that chat that went along.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

You can set this up before the webinar, but if not set up properly in advance, it can’t be viewed. Here’s how I have my recording settings configured (I do a lot of editing post-event):

Ray_Harwood_0-1656558693689.jpeg

Note the two items referring to Chat – I don’t believe Panelist Chat will be shown, I think only the overall Meeting or Webinar Chat is shown. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you! Will definitely pass this along and give it a try. Do you know if they drop files in the chat if those would be available as well?

Ray_Harwood

I'm guessing, but dropping files probably won't happen in the replay.  Everything in the video player is taken from the Cloud Recording folder, and the attachments shared in Chat aren't saved by Zoom anywhere that I can find.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @FLCTSD! If the reply posted by @Ray_Harwood is helpful, don't forget to click the Accept as Solution button below!