cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panelist ability to vote in polls - Webinar

cdecarolis
Newcomer
Newcomer

In the instructions for launching a poll here, it states that when you launch a poll in the Zoom webinar, you can click the ellipsis icon in order to optionally allow panelists to vote in polls.

In a recent Zoom update, this option has seemed to have disappeared. I can't find the option to allow panelists to vote in polls in Zoom webinars anymore. Does this option still exist, and if so, where can I find it?

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @cdecarolis.

I don't use polls often, so wasn't aware that this feature had disappeared.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Let me do some research, and I'll get back to you shortly.  I have verified that the option is either missing or cleverly hidden where neither of us can find it!

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @cdecarolis.  It took some time, but one of my Zoom contacts finally found out that the option to allow panelists to vote in polls is available after the poll is launched:

Ray_Harwood_0-1691448171441.png

They are working behind the scenes to get the documentation updated. 

Thanks, @VA  for your help on this!!

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

cdecarolis
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, @Ray_Harwood thanks for your response. This actually isn't the behavior I'm seeing, though. I was able to figure out how to allow panelists to vote, but it's not an option after the poll is launched. I recorded a screencast, which you can watch here, that shows the process I had to use to allow panelists to vote. Thought I would include this so you can update your documentation appropriately. 

Hey, thanks so much for this. I was running a webinar the other day and got stuck with this - very embarrassing. I wonder why they moved it, the old way was more accessible. Thanks again