cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control when a attendee can access webinar

EBeasley
Listener

Hi there,

When we're running webinars, we want to control when attendees can join  or be allowed in.

Typically, our panelists join the webinar 15 mins before and share notes to prepare for the webinar before it starts.

Some attendees join early and see this. It looks unprofessional.

Therefore, how do I control when a attendee can access webinar?

Thanks

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patricia_B
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I understand your situation. Since unfortunately, Webinars do not have the option for a Waiting room where attendees would be placed, I see two possible alternatives to achieve your desired result:

• You could run your first practice session, end it, then start another one where you would take 5 or so minutes to settle in. You can then start the Webinar from this session after you are ready for attendees to join.
  • You could lock the Webinar once the Host and Panelists have joined, but before the attendees join. This would also prevent Panelists from joining if someone is late. Once you unlock the Webinar, everyone would be admitted. You can find more information about locking the Webinar here under Additional controls: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004834466-Managing-attendees-and-panelists-in-a-webinar 

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patricia_B

It sounds like the option 'Webinar practice session' would work for you. This session would be only accessible to the host and panelists, thus preventing attendees from joining.

Please check out the below article for more info:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206316975-Webinar-practice-session 

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Hey patricia,

Thanks for the suggestion - but unfortunately i dont think this solves what i'm looking for.

We run practice sessions too.

This issue is that when we log into webinars our team like to get themselves settled and talk  for 5 mins or so before the webinar begins. It attendees join early they can see this - we want to control when they are let into the webinar.

Is this possible?

Really appreciate your time and help

Ed

Patricia_B

I understand your situation. Since unfortunately, Webinars do not have the option for a Waiting room where attendees would be placed, I see two possible alternatives to achieve your desired result:

• You could run your first practice session, end it, then start another one where you would take 5 or so minutes to settle in. You can then start the Webinar from this session after you are ready for attendees to join.
  • You could lock the Webinar once the Host and Panelists have joined, but before the attendees join. This would also prevent Panelists from joining if someone is late. Once you unlock the Webinar, everyone would be admitted. You can find more information about locking the Webinar here under Additional controls: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004834466-Managing-attendees-and-panelists-in-a-webinar 

Hi Patricia,

Really appreciate your response to this.

Hmm... these seems like more viable solutions. I'll test today.

My colleague tells me that he's certain that there was a waiting room feature on webinars - specifically where the host has the ability to let attendees in. May it be possible to double check / varify with another community manager to ensure this isn't possible?

Thanks

Ed