cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: Update Required: You must update to the latest version of Zoom to join this meeting.

PageLeggett
Listener

I tried logging into a webinar and got an error message saying "You must update to the latest version of Zoom to join this meeting." It looks like I have the latest version (I'm able to log in and send meeting invites) and, at any rate, don't see a way to update it. Can anyone help? TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

Did you complete uninstall Zoom from your  computer and then try to re install with the latest version of the  Zoom desktop client?

Regards.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Frank_TB

Hello,

what version of Zoom are you using?

Regards

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what version -- how would I find out?

Frank_TB

Hello, 

This Zoom support article explains it well.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362393-Checking-the-Zoom-version-number 

Regards.

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Thanks so much for offering to help. When I click on my profile pic, nothing happens except I have the option to log out. From the image on the help pg you sent, it looks like it's showing Zoom on a mobile phone.  I don't have Zoom on my phone. I have it on my Windows laptop -- and I can't find any instructions for updating that or verifying the version of Zoom I have.

Frank_TB

Hello again,

if you scroll down the page I linked to you’ll see three  links for instructions for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Do you have the Zoom desktop client installed?

Regards

I am having the same problem as Page Leggett. Here is how I discovered my Zoom version. When the double windows opened to deny my access, the lower-level window revealed my current version at the bottom of the page.  Frank, I need the upgrade. Do you know where to get the upgrade? I have an outdated version and I missed class.

Frank_TB
Visit http://zoom.us/download to download and install the latest version of Zoom.

Regards

I really appreciate all the help you've offered, but so far -- none of these solutions has worked. I downloaded the newest version of Zoom from the link you sent ... and still, nothing. 

danpricepolaris
Listener

I am also asked to upgrade and the message further says "Contact your IT Administrator..." Small company here with no Admin for that. Also have issues seeing my version, clicking on my profile pic offers no clue. Was able to download the latest version but trying to run it brings the same message, that I need to upgrade and contact my IT

Frank_TB

Hi,

Did you complete uninstall Zoom from your  computer and then try to re install with the latest version of the  Zoom desktop client?

Regards.

Frank!!! It worked!! I didn't realize I had uninstall the old version. You are a genius. Thanks for sticking with me until this was solved.

im trying to desperately  infojoin a zoom meeting..I need the basic get to a meeting zoom

So uninstalling Zoom client and then downloading and installing a new one does work.  However this is COMPLETELY NONSTANDARD behaviour in the computer industry.  Users will NOT know to do this, it should NOT be required.  You should be able to click a menu command and update the client anytime you want without having to be a system administrator or having to first uninstall the app.  I can't believe you have designed the updating feature so badly.  Horrible!

Frank

I cannot start Zoom - I'm using an old version.  I cannot update the app.  Missing file.  Cannot uninstall.

Help!

PageLeggett
Listener

I feel your pain, Dan. I still have not gotten this issue resolved, and it is seriously impacting my freelance writing business. I don't have an IT administrator, either. I think (?) I downloaded the most recent version of ZOOM, but I am still unable to log on. Clicking on my profile photo does nothing but pull up a dialogue box from which I can exit Zoom. Have not been able to find a workable solution for this issue. Please let me know if you do.

Shut off all apps, uninstall the version of Zoom on your computer now. Download and install the new version.

danpricepolaris
Listener

That worked! Thanks.