cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication exception for Zoom webinars

Apaul
Listener

Are we able to add an Authentication exception for zoom webinars? If I wanted to add in an outside user to host a webinar training, How would I go about that? 

3 REPLIES 3

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

If you are the Zoom Webinars license holder, but have other [regular Meetings] licensed users within your organization, you can assign any of them to be an ALTERNATE HOST in Options section of your Webinar settings:

anissat_0-1679468547512.png

Assuming your outside user does not have access to a licensed account within your organization, you could go a different route:

1. Add the outside user as a panelist in the webinar setup - they will receive an invitation to join (*not start) the webinar after the session has been opened;
  2. You (or an alternate host from your org, mentioned above) must START the webinar at or before the designated time. (For example, we start our webinars 30-60 minutes before the actual time to make sure everyone "on stage" is fully connected.)
  3. After the outside user joins through their invitation link, you can THEN assign them to be host or co-host. Remember: only HOSTS or ALTERNATE HOSTS can START a webinar, and only the person assigned as HOST can live stream or END a webinar (not a cohost).

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

Hello @anissat thank you for the reply and information! Yes, the outside user does not have access to a licensed account within my organization. The webinar is already created and scheduled. My following up question is once we add the outside user my name and email as a panelist, do we go into the webinar settings and have the "require panelists to authenticate to join" box checked off or not? What is the difference between having that option checked off or not for a panelists to join a webinar? I would want the panelist I am adding to be able to bypass any authentication and join with no issued. 

anissat

Hi @Apaul 

You don't have to authenticate the panelist if you don't feel the extra layer of security is warranted; I have had a few webinar sessions where I didn't check the option only because I knew the panelist was either a little "tech-challenged" or a little "time-challenged" 😉 and that would help them get into the session quicker. 

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat