cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASL Interpeter in Webinar

tim_kovolenko
Listener

In a webinar, is there a way to have an ASL interpreter appear smaller than the main presentation window or give people the option to minimize the interpreter if they do not need ASL? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TomO
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Tim,

In a Webinar the host or co-host has the option to allow Multi-Pinning for participants. As a participant, with this setting enabled you can set your own pins.

TomO_0-1647539055615.png

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362743-Pinning-participants-videos

I hope this helps! Please mark my reply as an accepted solution if it answers your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TomO

Hi Tim,

In a Webinar the host or co-host has the option to allow Multi-Pinning for participants. As a participant, with this setting enabled you can set your own pins.

TomO_0-1647539055615.png

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362743-Pinning-participants-videos

I hope this helps! Please mark my reply as an accepted solution if it answers your question.

colegs

Unfortunately, as @TomO mentions, the only option is to pin who you want to see, but there is no way to hide an interpreter (or specific participant) or adjust the size of their window at this time.

ccl1
Listener

We've run into these requests from our volunteers as well! This is an important question and while multi-pin allows more than one speaker to be pinned for an attendee it doesn't appear to allow the attendee to opt to select which ones work for them and to have the ability to resize different video feeds. We would request these features as well for future Zoom development - is there a best way to file such a request beyond posting here in the forums?

CG5978
Attendee

How great would it be... dare I say "how much happier one could Zoom"... if Sign Language was simply a choice when adding language interpreters to a webinar (or meeting)? If Zoom made this possible, Sign Language interpretation would be on par with spoken language interpretation instead of relegated to workarounds like spotlighting/pinning that make it difficult to use and have limitations. A webinar attendee could then simply pick the Sign Language interpreter from the list of interpreted languages, and presto... a picture in picture video window appears with the Sign Language interpreter on the attendee's screen that they could move, resize, etc. 

Help Zoom understand how important this is in order for us all to "Zoom Happy"... submit feedback to: Feedback - Zoom

Zoom... Thank you for solving this sign language interpretation challenge as requested... you have greatly improved the user experience in this regard.