cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding name appearing in unrelated meetings

JMC1
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a Zoom account for an entity which I represent.  Let's call the entity ABC Co.  Email used to set it up is my own; let's use, as a hypothetical, fredsmith@....  Now when I join another Zoom meeting set up by another person unrelated to ABC Co, for their personal, or another entity, Zoom meeting, and they sent the Zoom coordinates to fredsmith@... I appear as ABC Co. and not fredsmith@...  How do I show  up as fredsmith@.... because the meeting to which I was invited by the person or other entity is only wanting and expecting fred smith to attend and not ABC Co.

4 REPLIES 4

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

Change the email associated with the ABC Co@ from FredSmith to something else. 
Zoom now considers the email assigned to this account.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

I determined that I was logged into "my" Zoom account when I attended that other meeting.  There was a subsequent, different meeting I attended but I had logged out of my Zoom account before joining that other meeting and I showed up as fredsmith and not as ABC Co.

Jameswalter
Contributor I
Contributor I

Under Settings, select the Recording tab near the top of the screen. Under Recording, scroll down to Advanced cloud recording settings. From the list of settings, make sure that Add a timestamp to the recording and Display participants' names in the recording are both UNCHECKED.

I determined that I should not be logged into my Zoom account when joining unrelated meetings.  That fixes the issue.