Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Events in use on Campus

justinrdawson
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi All,

I've been testing out Zoom Events especially to use for multiple different events on campus in Higher Ed. 

Some observations and queries that maybe someone in Zoom can answer:

1.  Will parallel sessions be made available for summit events so you can have 2 virtual rooms at the same time?
  2. In the future could there be an ability for certain tickets to allow attendees entry into certain rooms, eg: keynote 1 and not keynote 2?
  3. The chat lobby option is only Chat on, or chat lobby off. Is there any feature where you can turn off attendees from chatting directly.  In education you may want to turn off the feature of students directly chatting to each other. 

Appreciate your response. 

2 REPLIES 2

pankaj
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi Justin-- I'm a Product Manager on Zoom Events. Thank you for testing. Your feedback is incredibly important to us. 

1.  Will parallel sessions be made available for summit events so you can have 2 virtual rooms at the same time?

Yes, this is coming in the fall. 

1. In the future could there be an ability for certain tickets to allow attendees entry into certain rooms, eg: keynote 1 and not keynote 2?

Yes, this is also coming in the fall. You will be able to tie tickets to "tracks" and be able to assign sessions to tracks. Initially attendees will be able to see ALL sessions (not just the ones associated to their track). 

1. The chat lobby option is only Chat on, or chat lobby off. Is there any feature where you can turn off attendees from chatting directly.  In education you may want to turn off the feature of students directly chatting to each other. 

If I understand correctly, you want to allow the host to chat attendees, but disable attendees from responding to the chats. Is that correct?

justinrdawson
Newcomer
Newcomer

Morning Pankaj,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Great to see 2 of the 3 items that Im really hoping to see in Zoom events will be implemented in the next quarterly update.

Regarding the chat lobby, I know if you hover over a persons thumbnail you can directly chat or call them. Is there an ability to turn off this feature, or alternatively if the chat lobby is between the host and the attendees only this would be beneficial as a security option.