cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rant about the tabs in Webinar with shared screen AND the memory hog Zoom is now (64 bit)

Librarycat
Creator II
Creator II

See my first question about this here:
https://community.zoom.com/t5/Zoom-Events-and-Webinars/What-is-the-purpose-of-the-two-tabs-in-Webina...

I am going to rant here. I have been using Zoom and Webinar for 4 years. Every single time something goes wrong, and it almost always because of some "upgrade" that makes no sense to those who are actually using Webinar as...Webinar.

The tabs with screen share ARE STUPID. I don't want multiple people sharing screens - I actually have that turned off in the settings so it won't happen. The tabs are the same color and it is very easy to accidentally click on another tab. It is very poor design.

What happened last night is kind of the final straw for me. I got "stuck" in the tab where my presenter was sharing a Canva presentation in a browser - I could not click away. It was like I was an attendee in the webinar I was hosting and I could not get back to the Zoom window/tab until the presenter stopped her screen share. Was it Canva? The tabs? WHO KNOWS. But it made us look like idiots in front of a large audience. Can someone please tell me how to avoid this?

This seems like something so, so basic that should be fixed. The host should NOT get trapped in a window.

Also the newest version is eating up my processor and memory. 48% of my memory was sucked up by Zoom at my webinar last night.

Maybe Zoom should stop giving us a bunch of AI enhancements and concentrate on getting the very basic webinar to be work.

/Rant.

Thanks for reading

0 REPLIES 0