cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded link for Webinars change

Emille21
Newcomer
Newcomer

I manage a webinar license and have recently noticed that the invite links - which used to all end in "09" when the passcode was embedded in the link - now end in ".1". Also, the setting to turn on embedded passcodes is only housed in Meetings, not under Webinar settings, so I am just not confident that the link is actually embedded and will work (since we use a separate platform for registration and getting the invite link via embedded button). Anyone else run into this and did you have success with it being embedded?

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Emille21.

I've noticed the slight change in the generated Passcode too.  The Passcode generated will work -- provided you copy and paste the entire link.  The thing that generates the most trouble I find is somehow corrupting the full URL, either by leaving off something from the end, or accidentally entering or deleted characters in the middle.

Webinar join links which have Passcodes enabled will have embedded Passcodes in the Join Link.  If you do not see the option to enable Passcodes, go through the process to enable them according to this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0058136

Please note:  The Passcode switch for Webinars has moved to the new Webinar tab of your personal settings:

Ray_Harwood_0-1724373144073.png

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !