cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

allowing a second person to write on my whiteboard

maddy1950
Listener

I mainly use my whiteboard while teaching and the new version does not allow my pupil to write on the board.

When I try to allow them to share it says that' I have disabled collaboration with users outside my organisation"/

I have no organisation. Ii is usually just me and a pupil. HELP  with the old whiteboard it was SO easy

15 REPLIES 15

Palmer
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hello @maddy1950 , thank you for posting.  Does the following article resolve your issue?  https://community.zoom.com/t5/Whiteboard/How-to-enable-in-meeting-collaboration-on-whiteboards/td-p/... 

maddy1950
Listener

Thanks you palmer for trying to help   I got to whiteboards   but no whiteboards cloud sharing   appeared  despite your clear instructions    AND   when on whiteboard mypupils cant see me   HELP

LiteracyFBC
Listener

I'm having the same problem.  I need the old whiteboard that allows all students to write on the board.  "Classic" is not always offered when initiating the share so only I can write.  The setting for classic is not found.  

Zoom has ruined whiteboard for math instructors.

(My workaround is to create a blank page and bring it up from my iCloud files to share.)

Palmer

@maddy1950 by any chance are you looking at settings under your personal tab? 

Palmer_0-1712161643376.png

Palmer

@LiteracyFBC thank you for reaching out. You can revert back to the classic whiteboard experience by unchecking "use whiteboard by default if available" under your personal settings menu: 

Palmer_1-1712161794934.png

My account doesn't say "personal".  The option to use classic as default is selected.  New whiteboards are not "classic" even after ending and restarting the meeting.  Only I can write on the screen.  Participants do not have a toolbar to write on screen.

I restarted everything and after unchecking the box.  It appears that classic now works.  Too bad the new whiteboard doesn't allow for the writing tools so students can markup the whiteboard.  It seems like it would be a nice option.  Thank you for your assistance.

Palmer

@LiteracyFBC - I'd love to reach out to you directly and better understand your use case. Do you have private messages enabled in your Zoom Community account?

I'm looking for it under settings.  This is the first time in 4 years that I've had an issue that I couldn't resolve myself.  

Palmer

@LiteracyFBC Can you find it under Admin -> Account settings? 

philwbass
Listener

I have the same problem. Anyone that uses Zoom for teaching needs all users to be able to edit the whiteboard. I don;t see the options Palmer has presented above to uncheck "use whiteboard by default if available".

Palmer

Hi @philwbass , thank you for posting a screen shot. You are looking at your personal settings, not your account settings. Can you try opening your account settings to enable external collaboration? 

Palmer_2-1712259945291.png

BTW, i know this is overly confusing and we are working to fix this and make it simpler. There was an issue where Zoom Pro accounts defaulted to internal collaboration vs external collaboration. 

philwbass
Listener

Sorry I don't know the difference between personal settings and account settings. Ah, you posted a screenshot. Thanks. OK I've done that but the option to allow all users to edit is greyed out.

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 20.46.30.png

Palmer

@philwbass Sorry, those are technically the default share links for an individual whiteboard. 

Palmer_0-1712260760072.png

I totally understanding this is very confusing and I'm on a mission to clean up and simplify these settings.

Palmer

@philwbass - once you have enabled sharing with people outside your organization, meeting participants should have no issue collaborating in a meeting. These defaults only impact how a whiteboard is persistently shared outside the meeting