cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draft message within Channels

SageAlum
Listener

I had apparently started a message within a channel, but never finished it.  Now the Channel name shows [Draft] after it.  However, I can't find the draft message to delete or send it.  How can I find this message and remove the Draft notation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hamilton-Zoomie
Participant | Zoom Employee

Yes.  New target release for a section to contain Drafts and Scheduled messages is targeting release later in September 5.16.0 release.  In the left side rail, there should also be an indicator if there is a draft in your chat/channel.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SageAlum
Listener

I found it by scrolling back to May 4th (its August 22nd) and was able to easily delete it at that point, but there should be a much easier way to locate it than scrolling and hoping to see the not blue, not grey, not picture message box!

Does anyone from Zoom check these? I'm in the same boat, but with 4-5 drafts in different chats and channels, and I've scrolled for weeks back without finding them. Surely there's a better way?

Hamilton-Zoomie

Yes.  New target release for a section to contain Drafts and Scheduled messages is targeting release later in September 5.16.0 release.  In the left side rail, there should also be an indicator if there is a draft in your chat/channel.

This is not an acceptable "solution" to the issue. To echo one of the users above, as well as the frustration of many others in my organization (which is probably in your top 10 corporate customers), there should be an option to clear draft messages without having to scroll back several days/weeks/months. If the functionality has been added that you are alluding to "...section to contain Drafts and Scheduled messages is targeting release later in September..." please provide a route to utilize this function.

Hamilton-Zoomie

@mrice69 Are you on the build of 5.16.0 or later?  If so, there is a Drafts section in the top-left rail of the Zoom Team Chat client.  This will show you all of your draft messages.  On that screen is a toggle to flip over to view your scheduled messages too.  That would allow you easy access to any drafts you started in any chat/channel without the need to find and scroll.  Looks like this.

HamiltonZoomie_0-1697567432095.png