cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new logo

Annamal
Participant

The new logo that you have in Web is exactly as the modern-day swastika used to commit a genocide in Ukraine as we speak.
Not sure why you'd opt for something as hideous as that

68 REPLIES 68

Bumblebee
Listener

It is OFFENSIVE to me to have such a logo on my comp! I prefer to see it only in war photos/videos and preferably on non-functional equipment. Change it asap!

I already noticed that some organizations are switching to Microsoft Teams and was wondering why... Then I saw the new logo...

Nikita_DoReMi
Listener

Oh it's completely atrocious. Unfortunately USA has been intertwined with a lot of Chinese-communism-origin businesses. Read about the CEO of Zoom. I see this a China's indirect support of the war. 

Nikita_DoReMi
Listener

Zoom is a Chinese-origin run company. The last thing Chinese companies care is what is offensive to us "foreigners".

lindros99
Listener

Zoom logo is offensive Russia Zatzi symbol.

And who exactly is "American Cloud Video Software Technology" ? One of three shell organizations (owned by China PLA/PRC) to be behind Zoom. Eric Yuan should answer.

mrAlexZT
Listener

Does the Zoom team support russian aggression against Ukraine?
Why are you using the militarist symbol of russian propaganda?
The Z symbol a swastika in reference to the killing of civil people.
Change it out immediately!

Yevhen
Listener

New Zoom logo exactly as the modern-day swastika used by russia troops in the war agains Ukraine.

Please change your logo.

DmytryK
Listener

Z is the symbol of modern russian fascism. It's a misanthropic ideology that wants to destroy other nations and it's sowing chaos around the world. Check out the wiki and watch what is going on in Ukraine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruscism

Change the logo!

CarlUlrichG
Listener

Hi, I am also irritated that after client update today in my windows tasklist in the Russion War Z is displayed. 

@Anonymous team: please change this. I find this emotionally confusing and negative. Well, it gives me incenvtive to close / not use zoom as often as possible

penguinejurassi
Listener

This is disgusting. Your logo was just fine but now I will do everything not to use this app. 

AlexN0
Listener

Zoom, please change the logo. It's not that hard.

volodymyr808
Listener

Shame on you (Z)oom. Such a great solution of an ongoing issue for more than half a year - hiding your head in the ground as an ostrich. Great stuff. If that's the way you are used to work and do your business, I think soon ruZia will be the only origin of your application use. I actually sincere wish you that after what you've done and how you treat this situation.

Ellmenson
Listener

I am totally shocked that they chose this logo! It is wrong!

team_tbs
Listener

@Zoom - this Russian symbol favicon needs to go.  It's extremely bad.

0velychk0
Listener

ZOOM, Please change your Z-logo it is unacceptable to use it for EU region.
It is hurt to use Zoom in school and Universities for Ukrainian people because of this logo.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_(military_symbol)

team_tbs
Listener

I'm about ready to cancel Zoom, I am so sickened by seeing the Russian War symbol on my task bar when I'm just trying to have a normal business meeting. 

Maybe some Twitter noise would help them to listen? 

tudor86
Listener

I think it's probably time to talk to your company about switching and put some pressure. It's been almost 9 months since this disgusting change and considering the lack of action I can only conclude this is intentional. If it wasn't, the change would have been easy. No sane management would publicly use simbols associated with war propaganda (this is a nice way of saying it, because in reality we are talking about war crimes here), unless they are in it and have Russian interests. At this point I'd be really ashamed to work at zoom

Ellmenson
Listener

I think it's time to start canceling Zoom. They had time to apologize for changing the logo. They didn't do this = they support Russian fascism

I agree. The worst thing is that they don't even try to address the issue i.e. WDGAF.

Ellmenson
Listener

Any options for suitable hashtags?

#BoycottZoom

#NaziZoom

PavelAsafov
Listener

Are we gonna cancel the movie Zorro, too? Shall we cancel the letter Z itself?

That's a poor analogy. Try this, if Brad Pitt's World War Z had come out in the las 9 months with a helvetica white Z like zoom's one, yes, they would have probably received heat and most probably would haven't even tried out of respect. But like Zorro's one is a red Serif one. Respect its what zoom is lacking and so a lot of responses like "should we cancel zorro?". It is not about cancelling, it's about avoid offending. If the Hindus and Buddhists have been polite enough to minimize the use of their Surya symbol for prosperity and good luck to westerns, I think this thread is about calling for the same kind of courtesy and inclusion of individuals who may feel bad, not criticize them.

Ellmenson
Listener

I have no desire to answer the russian

Nilan
Attendee

Finally the logo is slowly changing back from Z to zoom or zm on my system. But it would be great to get rid of the war symbol Z allover when using the program. Thanks Zoom for finally removing the Z but please speed up the process! Then I can switch back to Zoom from the alternative video conference systems.

0velychk0
Listener

Thanks ZOOM company for changing his short logo  . These days russian army uses "z" as a symbol of war invasion. I believe Ukrainian kids 🇺🇦 really appreciate new logo update because they uses ZOOM widely for their remote school lessons while russian missiles and drones tries to destroy their life's ❤️

SASAKI
Listener

今日、アップデートを行ったところ、ロシアのZからzmに変更されていました! ちょっと対応が遅いですが、ロゴが変えられた事は、良かったと思います!

良かった。大学の図書館で利用して怖くなくなりました。この問題を書いた日、zoomを起動した途端にデモの人が後ろにいました。

penguinejurassi
Listener

Finally, I'm no longer ashamed to use it! Still, the experience left a bad taste in my mouth. 

bennnn
Listener

On the day I reported this problem, a group of anti-war protesters had just entered the building behind me, just after I had started zoom and there was the big white z. I really didn't want to be a target, just wanted to listen to a lecture 😞