cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Champion Spotlight | August 2024 - Meet Dean!

Bri
Community Moderator | Employee

deanspotlightbanner (2).png

The Zoom Community Champion Program was designed to recognize and honor the exceptional efforts of our community's Zoom experts. This month, we are shining a light on one of our Zoom geniuses and Zoom Employee Community Champions, @colegs. Dean joined the community in August 2021 and has been a Community Champion since 2021 as well 🏆💙

What do you like most about being a Zoom Community Champion?  What I like most is that I am always finding questions about products I think I know, but they are trying to do something a little different than I used to.  Then I get to try to put myself in their shoes to figure out how they can make things work using tools and settings they might not have known about 💡

Why would you recommend joining the champion program?

I think anyone who wants to not only help others but also to expand their knowledge of the Zoom platform should join the champion program so that they can challenge themselves while making a lot of people happy by answering their questions 🤓

In one word, how would you describe the Zoom Community? 

Knowledgable 🔎

What is your favorite Zoom product and why? 

I will cheat and say Marketplace, which is listed as a Product in the Community but is really the 1-stop shop for all integrations and customizations for Zoom.   I like it because it offers customers ways to creatively use all of the Zoom products, and can provide opportunities for users to really find some outside-the-box ways to make Zoom even more powerful than it is with just the standalone client 💙

What is a fun fact you would like to share?

I have filed 11 Zoom patents (through Zoom legal), with 1 already in force, 9 pending and 1 still with Zoom legal getting ready for filing 🚀

9C795EBD-C410-4C4E-B0D3-0AB8F1FBF1B8.jpg

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?
3 REPLIES 3

MGSR

Great read! Thank you very much Dean! 👏

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Dat_Tech_Guy
Newcomer
Newcomer

@colegs

Congrats

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Hey Dean { @colegs }

You are truly exceptional. Since I joined Zoom over 5 years ago, you have consistently been a dependable source of information for solving issues for both customers and employees. Your expertise is evident throughout the Zoom chats and the Zoom Community. Above all, you are a wonderful person, and I’m fortunate to call you both a friend and a colleague. Keep up the great work!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion