cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom default starting volume

LazyGoon
Listener

I currently use window's volume mixer that allows different applications to have different volumes. Zoom currently starts at 100% volume. Changing the volume now does not seem to change the starting volume of the next use.

Every solution I have seen online says to adjust the speaker volume in the audio settings, but that just changes the computer's speaker volume which also affect the volume of other applications. Is there a way to change the starting volume without having to affect the volume of other applications.

2 REPLIES 2

Macio
Listener

I agree that is very annoying situation when you need to lower down a volume of the meeting every time when you start or switch to. By having volume at 100%, I can hear a lot of distortion so, quality of voice is really poor. When changed to 33% all back to normal.

Exohun
Listener

This is indeed a serious flaw. I have found that adjusting the Zoom Meeting app's volume slider in the "Volume Mixer" in the Windows system tray is the only way to control the app's volume independent of the rest of ONE's apps. This is only a temporary fix as it will reset if the app is closed. Even more so, being moved to another room in a Zoom meeting also resets the volume back to system volume, blasting the user's ears with an unsafe volume level.

I am currently in a Zoom meeting and I have my system volume at 5% in order to have it at a tolerable level.

An IN APP volume setting like other video and audio conferencing services doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to implement.