cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Gallery - compatible hardware?

kylebel
Listener

Hello,

I have seen the specifications page for Smart Gallery for Zoom rooms, We have rooms with Logitech Rally cameras and zoom rooms running on i5 windows 10 machines (couple years old) but when i enable multi camera mode. The Smart gallery never loads on the to the controller. I can stream two cameras at once this way but want to try Smart Gallery, wondering if i am missing something here or there is a compatibility issue?  

Thanks,

Kyle

7 REPLIES 7

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Smart Gallery is not yet supported for that camera type. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403190845069-Getting-started-with-Smart-Gallery

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

See that is the problem. The zoom page list Appliances, All in one, then windows/mac.  The appliances are everything to run a room except a screen. (neat bar for example comes with controller, camera, speakers microphone, same with the rally bar, no computer or anything extra required)  This makes me think its not tied to a specific camera because they never list cameras at all. But what really matters is the processing power of whatever the zoom room is being hosted on. (PC, MAC, or Appliance) My camera is a Rally cam, not a bar has no microphone or speaker just a very nice camera.  Even my Zoom rep was confused and is reaching out to an SE, just hoping someone here had got it to work using a PC and not an appliance. 

MapleBlue
Listener

Hi there. We have the exact same question and query (and as it happens aslo using Logitech Rally via USB to WIndows Platform). We asked tthe is question to Zoom support and they could not tell us and have opened a ticket on the same subject. The article  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403190845069-Getting-started-with-Smart-Gallery - is quite poorly worded since its not clear at all. For instance why would it make ref to 

• Zoom Rooms for Windows: version 5.9.3 or higher

.... if only appliances were supported. Thats makes no sense

YaBoiB

Hello, 

If you can provide me with the support ticket numbers that you have submitted. I can work on this for you and find a solution. I am happy to help wherever I can with this. I do not have the ability to replicate this though as I do not have this solution in my home lab and Zoomies are not back in the office yet where our lab is located. I will however work with the Engineering team on your behalf, but it must be through a support ticket. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

shaneatzoom

@MapleBlue we've also gone ahead and requested our support docs team update the article to enhance clarity!

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

shaneatzoom

Hi @kylebel and @MapleBlue ,

Seems that we have a little bit of confusion.  It sounds like you've enabled the 'multi-camera' capability rather than our AI-based Smart Gallery.  

In multi-camera, this enables sending static content from multiple cameras into the call.  An example use case for this might be something like a classroom setting where you leverage one camera for the presenter, one camera for the audience, and one document camera for instruction.  In this case, Zoom isn't adapting the video coming from those cameras but simply respecting the PTZ and other framing settings enabled on the camera.

In AI Smart Gallery, a single certified USB-Camera can be chosen for Zoom's software to frame and split.  In this mode, we can also send up to 3 separate video streams, but these are generated by sub-sampling the single video feed.

Both multi-camera and Smart Gallery enable multiple streams of video.

AI Smart Gallery and Multi-camera are both supported on Windows Zoom Rooms with a detached USB camera such as the Logitech Rally series run as USB cameras.  Please ensure that all of your elements are up to date (as Smart Gallery with single usb camera on windows is a newer release) and ensure you've selected the correct setting for the experience you're looking to enable.

If this has provided all of the clarity needed, please select 'accept as solution' so other folks can find the right info.  Otherwise, please feel free to reply and we'll get you sorted out in parallel to Brandon's followup on your specific tickets.

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

ItsTheDNS
Listener

Zoom now supports multi-stream on a variety of machines, but it's highly dependent on the CPU. Check out this page for the details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403190845069-Getting-started-with-Smart-Gallery

Note that the image breaks down really quickly when you start cropping the image up. 4K looks okay for small groups at close range. Do not try this in a 20-person room.