cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom fails to start on Fedora with libqtquickcontrols2plugin.so: undefined symbol error

west_richmond
Listener

I have been running v5.12.6 on Fedora Linux for some time but unable to upgrade due to mysterious fatal errors. The latest specimen of this is with v5.16.2; when I run Zoom from the command line, it processes for a while, fails to launch the GUI, then eventually quits. The content of ~/.zoom/logs/zoom_stdout_stderr.log is:

zoom started.
[CZPClientLogMgr::LogClientEnvironment] [MacAddr: 4C: ... :4C][client: Linux][OS: Fedora Linux 37 Thirty Seven x64][Hardware: CPU Core:4 Frenquency:1.21717 G Memory size:7410MB CPU Brand:AMD A6-3650 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics GPU Brand:][Req ID: ]
Linux Client Version is 5.16.2 (8828)
QSG_RENDER_LOOP is
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP = XFCE; GDMSESSION = xfce; XDG_SESSION_TYPE = x11
Graphics Card Info:: 00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Sumo [Radeon HD 6530D]
Zoom package arch is 64bit, runing OS arch is x86_64, snap package 0
/opt/zoom/zoom : symbol lookup error: /opt/zoom/QtQuick/Controls.2/libqtquickcontrols2plugin.so: undefined symbol: _ZN13QQmlDirParserC1Ev, version Qt_5_PRIVATE_API
Something went wrong while running zoom, exit code is 127.
ZoomLauncher exit.

Hardware is as specified above, running Fedora fc37.x86_64, with kernel 6.5.5-100.

PLEASE NOTE that errors like this have kept me from upgrading since APRIL, and sooner or later I will be unable to run Zoom at all.

0 REPLIES 0