cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty meeting room in recurring sessions

AlmaLynx
Listener

Hello all,

I'm having issues with the Zoom room used in my university course. We use the same room for every seminar and normally it's very convenient to just re-join the same room every week, but for some reason, for this course, the regular meeting link takes me into an empty room with nobody else there. No-one else in my class has this issue and the regular link works just fine for them, but my teacher has had to email me a new meeting link for each session for me to be able to join. I've never had any issues like this before and my university has been using Zoom since March 2020. 

I'm not receiving any error messages of any kind, just me alone in a meeting room that's supposed to have 15 other people in it. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Alma Do you know if your University uses  a calendar invitation to invite the zoom room to the zoom meeting?  Zoom Rooms are looked at like another participant in a zoom meeting so it is possible that there is a disconnect on how you are receiving the join link url for this particular zoom meeting. Hope this helps. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?