cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room Activation - after firmware upgrade

Sachis
Listener

Would like to know, does the Zoom room application requires to sign back in manually after a successful zoom room version upgrade? The version upgraded from 5.3.0 to 5.7.5 

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Sachis, have you Enable Auto Sign-in? May have been disabled after the update. However, if you're seeing a "Cannot be assigned" if a Windows Devices isn't running Windows 10 or later, in this case, means you can not enable auto sign-in for this device. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hello @RN , Thanks for the reply.

I am not using the Zoom ZDM here. Is that possible to enable the Auto Sign-in & can we achieve it without ZDM.

And, the Zoom room is not showing "Cannot be assigned", it was showing as "Unlicensed Room" after a day or two of activating it using the code, in this meantime the device had upgraded its firmware to the latest version too so i am suspecting that the Zoom room has signed out once after the firmware upgrade and cannot signed back in automatically.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Sachis, thanks for the clarification! Just shooting in the dark to help you out. 😀 

You mentioned the ZR showing 'unlicensed room', after a day or two of activating. Would you say you're experiencing something like your Zoom Rooms devices lost licensed status over the weekend, and just showed the default "Sign In" on an Unlicensed Room screen? 

However, you can sign in manually correct? As of now, it seems to be the workaround is to manually reactivate/sign into the Zoom Room. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hello @RN,

Yes, the workaround is entering the activation code manually in the ZR but i would like to locate the issue here. Is this happening because of the firmware upgrade? or the ZR image is acting unusually something here. 

I can plan accordingly if this is the expected behavior during the Firmware upgradation everytime or something like a major version upgrade or need to follow any procedure before we initiate any  version upgrade.

shaneatzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Sachis 

We would not expect that rooms would be signed out after any firmware update.  However, if that firmware for some reason wipes out the existing app memory, it's possible that this would occur.  Again, it isn't the intent so this is unlikely to repeat.  If it does recur, please open a support ticket.

If you are using ZR on PC, there is also a chance that you're engaging some kind of deep freeze that might be preventing this from working as intended.  If your rooms were working for some time before this, it's unlikely to be the case but I wanted to mention it just in case.

Hopefully that's helpful and, again, please open a support ticket if this issue recurs.

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom