cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admitting Directly to a Breakout Room

Philbert
Listener

Is there a way to admit ones directly from the waiting room into a breakout room on a recurring meeting? For instance, if someone comes in I want to not let them into the main room but instead admit them directly into one of the breakout rooms that is generated prior to their arrival. Thanks for our help.

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community!

You can preassign participants to your breakout rooms. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360032752671-Pre-assigning-participants-to-breakout-rooms

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

HI Brandon! Is there a way to manually move someone from the Waiting Room to a Breakout Room without admitting them into the main meeting? We do not know the participants information ahead of time to be able to preassign them to a room, but we would like to bring them into a breakout room before admitting them to the main meeting. 

Alternatively, if there were the ability to talk via audio to waiting room participants without bringing them into the main meeting, that might also meet our need. Please let me know and TIA! J

YaBoiB

Hello @JVCourt

This blog post-https://blog.zoom.us/using-zoom-breakout-rooms/ is an excellent resource for many of your questions regarding Breakout Rooms. You cannot audibly reach out to Breakout Room attendees, but you can send a message to them while in the Waiting room is vetting the participants is a use-case for your organization. All users must come into the main session before being distributed to the breakout rooms, but as the article explains, the users can choose the breakout rooms themselves. So, if you were to name the rooms before the meeting started and had a schedule of what room one group of participants were to go to and then group B goes to XXXX room, it would somewhat match what you are attempting to do. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi Brandon, Unfortunately, this is more of a "check-in" situation where the people attending the meeting would not necessarily know where to self select to go and we would like to avoid having to bring them into the main session. We do not know the meeting participant information ahead of time.

Is there a way to put in an enhancement request for the ability to assign someone directly to a breakout room from the waiting room?  Thank you! Jeannette

YaBoiB

Hi Jeannette,  Thanks for the suggestion! The Zoom Community is not a place where feature requests are tracked, so I highly encourage you to submit this idea within our feedback form: https://zoom.us/feed.

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion