cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yealink T31G won't provision

alexslusser04
Listener

Hi there! I'm trying to provision a Yealink T31G to be used as a Zoom phone. When I do, nothing happens. If I reboot, it says Update skipped. I got the Server URL from a zoom support webpage, and have configured everything else accordingly, but it's not working. I can't find anything online that is fixing it for this specific phone. If anyone has any solutions, I'd appreciate them.

9 REPLIES 9

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi alexslusser04,

Yealink desk phones support zero touch provisioning.

Supported desk phone features - Zoom Support

First, add the yealink sip-t31g to the zoom web portal.

Note: Make sure to add your phone to the Zoom web portal before powering on a new phone for the first time or performing a factory reset on a previously-used phone. You can find your phone's model name and MAC address on the label located on the bottom or back of the phone.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063173

Second, do a factory reset on the yealink sip-t31g.

Yealink SIP- T33G ip Phone Factory Reset - YouTube

After the phone has been reset to factory, the phone will be automatically provisioned with zero touch provisioning.  basically, the process is the phone calls home to yealink, yealink tells the phone to contact zoom for provisioning and zoom provides zoom provisioning.

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

alexslusser04
Listener

I have tried this. Multiple times. It doesn't work. It keeps skipping the updates. When you factory reset, the phone loses it's provisioning settings. I've added it to the Zoom portal, but it still doesn't do anything when factory reset.

Eliot

i do not have any yealink t3 desk phones to test on.  i only have a few t4 and t5 desk phones.

try downloading and installing yealink firmware for t31g version 124.86.3.4.  you can get the download link from zoom phone certified hardware support article.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060242#

another possibility is to try using t31g web interface to add zoom provisioning url for this t31g which you added to the zoom web portal.  

https://provyp.zoom.us/api/v2/pbx/provisioning/Yealink/t31g

after adding the provisioning url and saving, reboot the phone.  do not factory reset.  when the phone reboots, it will go to zoom.  because the phone has a provisioning url pointing to zoom, the desk phone should get its provisioning including firmware from zoom.

thanks,  eliot

alexslusser04
Listener

Again, I've tried this multiple times. Either the provisioning URL that both you and the Zoom support page have provided is wrong, or there is some other issue. The firmware is up to date on the version you suggested. The same URL is placed in the Server URL column of the web interface. It doesn't work.

Eliot

hi alexslusser04,

have you checked your firewall ports for both zoom phone and yealink?

Yealink Support

Zoom network firewall or proxy server settings - Zoom Support

you might try yealink support.

it is also possible that your t31g phone is defective.

here are links to yealink that might be usefull:

yealink auto provisioning guide

https://support.yealink.com/en/portal/knowledge/show?id=64995b6c6a27da76bd07195c

yealink phone provisioning parameters

https://support.yealink.com/en/portal/knowledge/show?id=64995b6d6a27da76bd07197c

thanks,  eliot

thanks,  eliot

Eliot

hi alexslusser04,

maybe the issue is with the phone.  

you might consider opening a support ticket with yealink.

thanks,  eliot

RickCH
Listener

Did you have any luck?  I am having a phone the same thing.  No matter what I try it wont register.  

masaki-sugimoto
Listener

Hi I'm having the same problem, initially I could , but now no.

I would like to have any info for this.

Eliot

hi all,

Current firmware as of 4/16/2024 for Yealink sip-t31g is 124.86.3.5

T31g support zero touch provisioning.

Zoom Phone Certified Hardware

After adding the t31g to one of your zoom phone users, see page 563 of administrators guide for resetting the ip phone to default factory settings.

Yealink Support

Make sure that your Yealink provisioning ports have been opened on your firewall.

Yealink Support

When t31g has been reset to default factory settings and plugged into to your lan, the phone should zero touch provision.

Please also see

Yealink troubleshooting guide (zoom.com)

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot