cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Were did the "notify me when available" function go?

Laura-T
Listener

I am running Version: 5.17.2 (29988) of the Zoom desktop client and cannot for the life of me, figure out what happened to the  "notify me when available" function. I used to just right click on someone's name and would have the option to get a notification when they got off the phone. Please tell me this feature was not removed! It was so helpful and probably one of my most used functions!

I also noticed we are no longer able to "check for updates." How will we know we are running the latest version and how can we troubleshoot when we have issues? We used to check for updates whenever we had problems in our office and installing the latest updates would almost always resolve the problem. Now we cannot do that either. Not liking these new updates, Zoom! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

you can download the windows client at

Download Center for Zoom Apps and Plugins | Zoom

thanks,  eliot

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot

hi laura-t,

please try the latest desktop client, version 5.17.7 as of 2/2/2024.  

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot, I would love to update to the 5.17.7 version, but I also cannot see the "check for updates" option in my account settings anymore. How can I force Zoom to install the update? Thanks!

Eliot

you can download the windows client at

Download Center for Zoom Apps and Plugins | Zoom

thanks,  eliot

I think this fixed the problem! Will be able to confirm when everyone is back in the office using their phones tomorrow, but at least now I am able to check for updates. Thanks for your help!!

I used to receive a notification on my iphone when the contact was available. Has this function been removed?