cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting is now randomly not working. We have used Zoom Phone for almost a year.

gk96
Listener

Hi there, one user is getting the error message, "You don't have a direct number. You cannot start a new conversation" when texting some people.  She can text some people from the desktop app, but not others.

• We have been using Zoom phone for almost a year
  • We do have 10DLC and a campaign approved / assigned.
  • The phone numbers were ported into Zoom Phone almost a year ago.
  • We haven't made any Zoom admin changes in the Zoom dashboard.
  • We don't bulk send text messages.  Just used in communicating with our customers and vendors.
  • I've send a text message to a person that she can't and it works fine.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi gk96,

do your other sms users have power pack license?

please see

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0062033

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

gk96
Listener

We don't use call queue or receptionist for SMS.  Only individual phone lines with a Zoom license to call/text.  

Eliot

hi gk96,

is your user texting using her direct telephone number?  is her direct number 10DLC and a campaign approved / assigned telephone number?

is your user on zoom 5.17.1?

thanks,  eliot

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0059932

thanks,  eliot

gk96
Listener

Yes - texting using her direct phone number.  Yes -10DLC and campaign approved and assigned to her phone number.  I haven't asked what version she is using.  I'll ask.  But there are issues on iOS and Mac desktop app.

Eliot

hi gk96,

i suggest opening a support ticket.

thanks,  eliot

NicNic
Listener

Hi! Our organization is having a similar issue all of a sudden. How was your situation resolved? 

gk96
Listener

The issue still exists.  I think it happens more on group text messaging.  It will sometimes occur with 1 on 1 SMS's as well.  Very frustrating as I know it's a bug, but not sure how to get real help.

NicNic
Listener

Only two of our staff are having the issue. They did not realize text messages were not being received by them or being sent to outside customers. Texting works fine internally.  Zoom Technical Support has been really disappointing. 

gk96
Listener

I know one of our team members are definitely having issues.  We've also seen where a text was received by a person on our team that was sent to another person.  

With as large as Zoom is I was hoping they would find it and fix the bug.