cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Voicemail Greetings Per Direct Number

Gary9
Listener

I'm having trouble figuring out how to configure the voicemail greeting.    The situation is that a User account has two direct lines assigned to it.   Each line works fine and can easily switch between them on the Zoom App.  

However, I'm having issues trying to set up a new voicemail greeting for the 2nd number.  Ultimately, I need to configure it so that if a call comes in on line 1, they get greeting 1, and if a call comes in on line 2, they get greeting 2.    Is this possible?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @Gary9 

The User's Voicemail is only one regardless of the amount of telephone lines it has; to achieve what you are looking for, I suggest using Zoom Call Queues:

1.  Create one CQ1 and CQ2, and assign the user to both CQs:
    • Make sure you give the user access to receive and manage the VMs for both CQs
  2. Assign Number-1 to CQ-1 and Number-2 to CQ2- and now you can configure independently:
    • Open/Close Schedules per line
    • Greeting(s) per line
    • Independent VMs and VM greetings per line
    • Independent Overflows per line
  3. On incoming calls, the user will see from which Queue the call is coming in, hence identify line that was dialed.

In case you have questions creating/managing Call Queues, take a look to: 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021524831-Managing-Call-Queues

Vinnie

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Vinnie

Hello @Gary9 

The User's Voicemail is only one regardless of the amount of telephone lines it has; to achieve what you are looking for, I suggest using Zoom Call Queues:

1.  Create one CQ1 and CQ2, and assign the user to both CQs:
    • Make sure you give the user access to receive and manage the VMs for both CQs
  2. Assign Number-1 to CQ-1 and Number-2 to CQ2- and now you can configure independently:
    • Open/Close Schedules per line
    • Greeting(s) per line
    • Independent VMs and VM greetings per line
    • Independent Overflows per line
  3. On incoming calls, the user will see from which Queue the call is coming in, hence identify line that was dialed.

In case you have questions creating/managing Call Queues, take a look to: 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021524831-Managing-Call-Queues

Vinnie

Gary9
Listener

Thank you Vinnie.    It took me a little trial and error but I set this up and worked exactly as needed.   Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Vinnie

I am happy to help. The Call Queues are such a flexible structure in Zoom Phone that you can give them many additional uses other that the one it was originally intended. I am willing to bet you will find some other good use cases for the Zoom CQs in the future.

Enjoy.

Upon further review, I ran into a bit of a snag.    I'm no longer able to send/receive SMS text messages to those phone numbers.    They both have verified campaigns, but it sounds like I may need an additional feature to enable this.     

Have you had any success with this?   One thing I read suggested that I may need to add the Power Pack to enable SMS texts. 

Vinnie

I am sorry about that. I didn't know that was a requirement otherwise I would have warned you; i am sorry.

To be able to send (handle) SMS Messages on Call Queues, the user needs to have the Zoom Power Pack Add-on license. In general, if the number is attached to an Auto Receptionist or Call Queue and you want to use it for SMS...you need the Power Pack Add-on License.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4405093330701-Using-SMS-with-call-queues-or-auto-reception...

The license is per-user so you should need just one. It provides a lot more functionality that just the SMS so it might be worth it. You need a a Cost-Benefit evaluation and decision to make. Talk you your Zoom AM
Here is the description and pricing for the license in question:

https://zoom.us/pricing/zoom-phone