cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Group Chat Issue

ITGuy
Listener

Hello,

A couple of our users a experiencing issues when messaging clients in group chats. I got first reports of this on 12/13/23

Scenario:

- Employee 1 creates a chat with employee 2 and 1 client.

- Employee 1 can see responses from the client in the group chat.

- Employee 2 responds, employee 1 gets the response as if #2 were sending a txt directly to them. This happens with all group chats they are in.

Replicating the scenario:

- I create a group chat with employee 1, 2, and my personal cell.

- I send the initial txt I send out from my personal, employee 1 gets the group txt like they should

- I have employee 1 respond to the group. It comes through normally.

- Employee 2 responds and it comes through as a separate txt on my personal, same for employee 1. 

One thing I noticed recently is that there are only 3 users assigned to the SMS Campaign I had created 6+ months ago. There were at least 180 previously. But one of the 3 numbers that were still on the campaign was employee 2. 

Im the account owner and I know I didn't remove all of our users from the SMS Campaign... Im stumped on the users SMS issues as well. 

3 REPLIES 3

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @ITGuy 

Are you using the Zoom Phone Power Pack Add-on license? That should enable TEAM SMS for Call Queues and you could have the whole team interacting with SMS. I haven't tested that feature myself but it seems it is what you are looking for.

Take a look to this: https://explore.zoom.us/media/zp_power-pack_whitepaper3.pdf and maybe discuss it with your Zoom Account Representative.

I hope this helps.

jorba
Listener

I'm having a similar problem.

I looked at the powerpack white paper link provided. This bright up is about ss interacting with  call queues and auto receptionists.

Here's my scenario

I send a group text from a zoom number  (let's call this  number Z1) to three recipients, another zoom number on my account  (call it z2) as well as two external numbers  (call  them g1 and g2)

sms shows on my z1 account as a group text with all four recipients. Same on z2, g1 and  g2

so far so good

I respond to the group text from g1. The text goes to the other three numbers, so g1  has picked up the text correctly along with all of the recipients.

however in my z1 account what I see is a single text from the g1 account with no reference to z2  or g2.

So at this point it's lost the thread, this is showing up as a separate conversation with just the one, z1,  number.

Sending a response to that second thread only hits the g2 number.

Same thing happens with the z2  number.

However the g2  number get the response properly,  and treats it as part of the original conversation with all four numbers. So the information is obviously being sent, just appears to be being disregarded by zoom.

jorba
Listener

apologies for the typos above. I am using voice control software due to a recent stroke, and it's not always very accurate. A little imagination and you should be able to work out what I meant.