cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paging

Sergio_CRF
Listener

We have most of our employees on a soft phone using the desktop app, with maybe 10 users on Deskphones. When I create a Paging group and only have softphone employees, I get "Sorry we are unable to complete your call....". When I put someone with a deskphone (VVX250) it rings to them and the message is played after pick up. So I have a few questions:

How do I get paging to work for those on a desktop app?

How do I get it to page out to the deskphone and not have to wait for them to answer? 

10 REPLIES 10

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi sergi_crf 

please see support article on how to set up paging for desktop phones.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/14406369394189-Setting-up-Zoom-Phone-cloud-paging

I will check on paging apps and clients. 

thanks , Eliot 

Eliot

hi sergi_crf,

i think the closest thing to paging for softphone clients is team chat.  you can send text, audio and video to selected individuals or groups.  please see

Getting started with Zoom Team Chat – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

I already have this setup. Like the question says, How do I get it to page out to the deskphone and not have to wait for them to answer? I want to it to basically intercom them. 

Eliot

hi sergio_crf,

you can use intercom.  please see

Setting up and using audio intercom – Zoom Support

thanks, eliot

Still not the same thing. I want to PAGE all the desk phones, without them ringing and having to wait for them to pick up for the user to hear the announcement. 

CBA_Solutions
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi Sergio,

I am not sure if this is still an issue for you, but you can enable the legacy Poly paging support by creating a profile for the devices. I've done this and tested it with a customer. 

This post and thread was the resource I used. 

CBA Solutions

Did this ever get resolved? This is exactly the problem we are having. When I pick up the hand set, dial 100 for the extension that our Paging is under, it rings the phones. It does not let my voice be heard on all the phone speakers. If they do not answer, they do not get the page. This is entirely wrong. We use paging for a number of safety situations. 

In Ring Central this was very easy to do. 

The Line Paging setting in Zoom also does not work at all to make a Paging button appear on Polycom phones. 

Sergio_CRF
Listener

No. I ended up just installing a PA system in the office myself. 

That's pretty poor on Zoom's part; No effort to fix the problem, and no answers. Leave to the customer to have to purchase something else to work around their shortfalls.

I think we may leave and head back to Ring Central. They had these fundamentals working correctly. 

Hopefully in the future they'll get it working 🙂