cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to increase calls per line?

chrisjohns
Listener

I realize there is a 4 call limit on a zoom phone line. Is there any way to increase this limit with a configuration change, upgrade or add-on. In my business, I typically have a surge of calls when a new shipment is posted and easily surpass the limit, sending many people to voicemail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

If I recall correctly you can see the park calls in the App, but you have to be in the right “screen” and you still have to type the code to retrieve the parked call. I haven’t test the feature in while but if your are looking for agility, a desktop phone seems to be your best bet, but please try it on your own because is the best way to verify if it can address your need. Also, talked to your AM about increasing the amount of calls a client can handle…although even that solution has a top of 6 or 8 max. calls.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Vinnie

Hello @chrisjohns , I believe the answer is a maybe, but it is not something you can do on your own but need to be requested as it is not standard. Talk to your Zoom AM. 
On the other hand, if you really need to handle more than 3 calls a time, I would strongly suggest using the Zoom Phone feature called "Call Park" and increase the timer to get the call back to you. And even better, instead of using your Zoom Client , to use a Desktop Phone like a POLY Edge E450 or similar device from any supported brand that will allow you to configure multiple lines, but also, configure buttons with "Call Park" positions, which should make it easier for you to navigate among so many calls more easily, and have many "Call Park" positions configured. 

I hope this helps.

Vinnie.

Thank you @Vinnie. That's good information. Are we able to visually see parked calls on the desktop app or do we have to retrieve them with the 3 digit code? 

Vinnie

If I recall correctly you can see the park calls in the App, but you have to be in the right “screen” and you still have to type the code to retrieve the parked call. I haven’t test the feature in while but if your are looking for agility, a desktop phone seems to be your best bet, but please try it on your own because is the best way to verify if it can address your need. Also, talked to your AM about increasing the amount of calls a client can handle…although even that solution has a top of 6 or 8 max. calls.

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi chrisjohns,

you might try using a call queue.  you can specify the max number of callers in the call queue before overflowing to voice mail.  you can have one or more staff members answering the calls.

Changing call queue settings - Zoom Support

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot