cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Queue call distribution

DeanMcC
Listener

When queue call distribution is set to Longest Idle, the logic appears to interpret an outbound call as "idle" or "longest idle" and sends the next inbound call to that agent despite others being idle for a longer period of time.

Additionally, the system considers an agent as "longest idle" when their status changes from "Opt-out" to "Available."

Perhaps the system assigns 'disconnecting from an outbound call' as moving from "Opt-out" to "Available." That would explain the behavior.

Regardless of the cause, this results in uneven call distribution and makes it more difficult for agents to complete documentation of the first call before another call rings to them. I've increased our "Wrap-up Time" to help with the latter, but it still causes problems with workflow.  In general, we prioritize availability over documentation when all agents are busy, so I can't simply extend Wrap-Up time to the maximum.

The only workaround I have found is for agents to hit "Skip" so that the call goes to others, but agents don't know whether others are available when they make that choice.

Are there any other settings which might alter this bug? Other workarounds? Is there somewhere I should submit this for consideration by developers?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @DeanMcC 
Remember Zoom Phone Call Queues are not a Contact Center, although certain things behave like one; maybe a more traditional telephony name like "Hunt Group" could have been used, but the truth is there are not Agents but Users.

"Longest idle: Routes calls to the member who has been idle for the longest time (they have not answered a queue call)."

I am positive the same logic are applied to Inbound Direct Calls and to they other methods of ZCQ distribution because they are not ZCQ calls but "personal" calls.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021524831-Managing-Call-Queues

Even if you use a DID allocated to the ZCQ as CallerID for Outbound calls, it will be Logged as a User Call and not a ZCQ calls.

Reading the Zoom Phone Call Queue documentation (see below) explicitly mentioned the "Idle" and "Longest-Idle" applies only to "Inbound Answered Queue Calls" so I infer two things: 

1. Outbound calls don't count because they are User calls and not tied to the Queue in any way so it shouldn't count toward ZCQ Distribution Methods "calculation" (because it is not done from an Agent member of ZCQ).
  2. Even if you use (Turn-Off) the ZCQ Feature "Receive calls while on a call" so the Queue User Members engaged on a call (Inbound or Outbound), it will help preventing from being selected to receive the next ZCQ call, but it wouldn't affect the Idle Timer so as soon as they free...they will be next in line to receive the next ZCQ.

I think the having "Receive calls while on a call" turned-off on the ZCQ is a good solution to prevent Incoming Personal and ZCQ to disrupt a Busy User (Agent), but also, used in conjunction with the "Opt-out" that might "Reset the Timer" (although the documentation only says "Answered incoming queue call".

In any case, the behavior you describe for the ZCQ seems to adhere to how it was designed to do.

On the other hand, if this is a Pain Point for your solution, the Zoom Contact Center behaves exactly in the way you are seems to want the system to behave.

Best regards, Vinnie