cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive spoofed calls/voicemails to our Auto Receptionist Line

NCTA
Listener

Our organization uses Auto Receptionist to field calls to our staff lines and I recently set up the spam filter last week because we have been receiving an excessive amount (10-20 per day) of calls to our Auto Receptionist main line, which leave voicemails that have a beep at the beginning and then no sound. I've researched some of the phone numbers and it appears that businesses, individuals, and mobile phone numbers are being spoofed. Only a few legitimate calls and voicemails are actually coming through (which is normal) but I have to sort through them to find out which ones are real.

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi ncta,

you might try setting your ivr timeout options to disconnect the call if user takes no action or says nothing after 1 or more times.

Eliot_0-1706879197221.png

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Thanks for the great suggestion, Eliot! I did recently select this setting a few days ago. Unfortunately, it's still happening. I'm guessing that they are somehow able to select the "0" extension (which is my operator extension) once the line connects. I will try disabling that extension and see if that does anything.