cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DST with existing Auto receptionist vs calls going to Country without DST

mnielsen
Listener

If my current Auto receptionist is set for GMT-5:00 (eastern) to roll at 2am and we have DST this weekend, will the Auto receptionist automatically know it is DST and calls will roll at 2am still or do I need to manually change the Auto receptionist to push to the call queues?

3 REPLIES 3

newl
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @mnielsen ,

I have been managing Zoom Phone for a large university campus for the past 3 years. It has been my observation that Zoom Phone will automagically account for DST.

I have looked for any documentation that supports this and have even reached out to a few Zoom Phone engineers without any luck.  If I find anything more about this in the next 24 hours I will update this post.

So.. I wish I could tell you that it will 100% work and that at 2 AM your calls will roll as expected, but unfortunately all I can give you is a solid SHMAYBE ?!? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers!

Vinnie

Hello @mnielsen 

The answer is yes if you chose the correct GMT-5 Timezone in the configuration: Please notice there are multiple GMT-5 and depending of the "Location", you will find that some support DST and some don't. I.E. If you select "Bogota GMT-5 " or "Lima GMT-5", there will be no Daylight Savings change observed.

Make sure you have the correct "Time Zone" Location selected and you should be fine.

Regards,

Vinnie.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @mnielsen ! Please check out the replies from @Vinnie and @newl (thank you Champions!) 🏆

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if you found them helpful 😎

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?