cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewing all participants in a meeting

debh
Listener

how to view all participants when I join a zoom call. For example: I join a zoom call of 5 participants. I can only see the person speaking, but not the other participants. there is no "button" to select on my screen to show all participants. I log into zoom on my browser.  I have a MacPro laptop. How do I do this? Am I logging in incorrectly? Should I log in via an app on my laptop? thanks for any help.

7 REPLIES 7

Ami_88
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @debh ,

To see the meeting participants you need to go for gallery view option --> check screenshot 1

Also this support article covers switching between gallery & speaker view for desktop/ mobile app & Web client , here

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution"

Others in a zoom meeting have told me to click on the view button.....but I don't have that "button"  on my Zoom screen as is shown in the support article you sent to me.  I don't understand why that is not showing up on my screen.  I checked with Apple tech support to see if it was some setting I had that blocked this, but that was not the problem.  Do you know why this is not showing on my screen?  I can see the participant who is speaking and the participants can see me on their screens in that gallery view.....so I am perplexed! thanks for any help!

Ami_88

How are you  joining meeting ? Is it possible to share a screenshot ?

• Is it from Desktop client (installed on your laptop) / Web client (from browser) ? in both cases you should be able to see the view button on the top corner where you can switch between speaker & gallery view .
  • If you are using Mobile App (IOS for ex) then to switch from Gallery / Speaker view you should swipe left / right between Speaker & gallery view ..
  • If it's in IPad then there should be a button on top that has either gallery / speaker view 

the way I log on to Zoom is through the Zoom website and my password, so I think I am joining from my browser? . Should I install the Desktop client instead?  is this an app?  I am a bit tech challenged!  how would I install Desktop client on my laptop? 

RE: 

• "Is it from Desktop client (installed on your laptop) / Web client (from browser) ? in both cases you should be able to see the view button on the top corner where you can switch between speaker & gallery view .  "  I don't have a view button on the top corner where I can switch between speaker & gallery view.  I have viewed tutorials for Zoom and cannot figure out why I don't have this button or how to get this function!  I am terribly frustrated that I can't get an answer.  

Ami_88

Hi @debh,

Which browser are you using (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer) ? Have you tried joining from other browsers like Google  and still no view button ? 

In general, The web client has limited features and functions compared to the desktop app. Also I believe Zoom is optimized best on both Chrome & Mozilla as browsers 

Check this support article on getting started with Zoom Web client here

This is the keyboard shortcut key for switching between gallery and speaker view, but it depends how you join th emeeting as to whether this will work.

• Command(⌘)+Shift+W: Switch to active speaker view or gallery view, depending on current view