cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video preview

bbherbs
Listener

Not seeing any applicable answers in the other answers. 

Toggle is set to preview. NOT set to turn off video when entering zoom room. BUT video is never on when I enter. 

Restarted. Updated. 

12 REPLIES 12

EBZoomer
Listener

Create a test meeting through your Zoom portal.  Scroll down to VIDEO section and look at what is set there.  I'm guessing yours is set to OFF and grayed out.  That means its pre-configured in your settings.  You can look at where this setting is being enforced, whether its at the user level, group level, or account level.  Happy hunting.

Do you mean video section while in the meeting or while setting it up? I don’t see anything grayed out let alone where it’s being enforced.

My video preview used to come up automatically.  Now I can't find any way to bring it back - have looked at all the suggestions.  Has Zoom stopped offering it in the basic plan?

EBZoomer
Listener

Are you on an licensed plan or basic?  After you go into your Zoom portal, click on SETTINGS, then make sure MEETINGS is selected at the top.  Scroll down to the "Schedule Meeting" section and you should see HOST VIDEO and PARTICIPANT VIDEO settings.  These control joining a meeting with video on vs. off.

Pro plan.

EBZoomer
Listener

Just found this:  Note: If you don't see the Screen option, it may be due to the Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host setting in the Zoom web portal.

Located in this documentation:  https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066104

Also not it. I used share screen all the time, as desktop

bbherbs
Listener

There’s nothing like that for me under meetings. Nothing to scroll either.

EBZoomer
Listener

Definitely something on the phone then.....try looking at iPhone SETTINGS, Zoom and see if anything in there needs to be adjusted.  Otherwise not sure, good luck.

Ugh ok. On mac not phone. Thanks

dimiessler
Listener

Did you ever find a solution to the missing video preview?  Mine used to happen automatically, now I can't find any way to turn it on.

I'm wondering if Zoom stopped it in the basic plan, so if you want to see how cadaverous you look before a meeting you have to have a paid membership.  Grrrr.

haha. Yeh I don’t know.  I have a pro plan. And no, no fix that I found.