Ready to set up and use Zoom, but aren't sure where to start? Begin with our onboarding support experience for everything you need to get started.

Get Started
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered participants are being redirected to register again

JosephK
Observer

Hi,

I have hosted an event where I had a number of registered participants, who I approved were unable to join the meeting.  Every time they tried to use the ID and enter the password they were redirected to register.

I have tried this myself and ran into the same issue.  

What would be the cause of this?  It is disappointing as we could have had a larger turnout.

6 REPLIES 6

Rupert
Collaborator

Hi @JosephK 

If you are using registration, your participants must use their unique join-link sent in their registration confirmation email. This directs them to the meeting using their registration.

If they use the plain Meeting ID and passcode, Zoom will treat them as a new participant - and prompt them to register.

Hi @Rupert 

Thank you for your reply.  I know this myself and apparently, this was not the issue as they were using that link.

Hello!

Thanks for replying to this.  How could we request Zoom to change this?  My students are also having this problem.  It's very confusing to have a meeting ID and password arrive to their email after register that doesn't give them access to the class but instead asks them to register again!  It makes no sense at all.  I'd like to request Zoom to please change this setting.  When they get the confirmation email for the class, they should be able to use either the link, or the ID and password to enter the meeting.

Thanks!

NAMISCC
Observer

I have had this same issue!

JHC-Marketing
Listener

I had this issue the last time I hosted a webinar with close to 500 participants. Dozens of them had to reregister after clicking the unique join link Zoom sent them. I need to find a solution to this, because we can't have this happen again.

joelexico
Observer

Sorry!  I replied to the wrong post.