cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

libcef.so

Alex35
Listener

I updated zoom today using the Ubuntu 16.04+ 64bit (5.12.2.4816) .deb package.

I get

/opt/zoom/zoom: error while loading shared libraries: libcef.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm running Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

How do I get this resolved as there is a libcef.so in the /opt/zoom/cef directory

I tried the chatbot system who then put me to support and support said no support for my account speak to my admin, however, he's very non-technical so I've no idea if the message will even reach zoom support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vance1
Listener

I had the same problem on the same OS.  After trying a few things, i ended up purging zoom and then installing it again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

vance1
Listener

I had the same problem on the same OS.  After trying a few things, i ended up purging zoom and then installing it again.

Sorry, I forgot to come back and post an update, I did more or less the same thing and it sprang into life in time for meetings at the end of the week.

I tried doing the same but it does not work for me with zoom version 5.12.9 (367) any other Idea?

$ /opt/zoom/zoom
/opt/zoom/zoom: error while loading shared libraries: libcef.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

$ find /opt/zoom -name libcef*
/opt/zoom/cef/libcef.so

try   /usr/bin/zoom

/opt/zoom/zoom results in the same error for me, but just typing zoom on at the prompt runs /usr/bin/zoom which works for me.

In my particular case, I had /opt as a symbolic link to another filesystem. That works for some applications, but it didn't work for Zoom. My solution was to create a local path /local_opt, move zoom from /opt to /local_opt, and then create a script in /usr/local/bin to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and call /local_opt/zoom.

sergioabreu
Listener

It is a shame that Zoom provides weak support to Linux. I was forced to update zoom and when I downloaded the new .deb, simply doesn't work. Many shared libraries are NOT INSTALLED by the .deb including libcef.so libffmpeg.co, libQt5QuickWidgets.so.5 etc...

I was forced to abandon zoom in Linux and install it in Windows. THAT'S A SHAME