cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in Remote Desktop Support option, is there a way to access that other person's Zoom options?

LKC
Listener

I often host Zoom meetings with attendees where the attendees are not tech-savvy at all. They can click and join a Zoom link but that's about it. Sometimes the attendees's microphone options are not set right (too low, for example). With the attendees permission/approval, I want to be able to adjust their Zoom microphone options.

I have tried using the "Support --> Request desktop control" of that person's computer (with their permission/approval). When they have given approval for me to do Desktop Support, the Desktop of their computer appears, but I can't access the Zoom client itself. I tried clicking on the Zoom client at the bottom of the screen but it does not bring up the Zoom client itself.

anyone know if this is even possible, to be able to access the Zoom client to modify the microphone setting (increasing input level), even while the Zoom meeting is running?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

If the only control you are looking for is the audio level for the mic then you can set that level using the OS mic controls (varies depending on the OS).  The Zoom mic control just sets the OS mic level control. The Zoom windows on a desktop control are not shared because of a possible video feedback loop.

I have a similar issue with a number of elderly participants. They have trusted me to use RealVNC remote desktop, which requires installation of a server component. This then gives full access to all windows.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

storyhub

If the only control you are looking for is the audio level for the mic then you can set that level using the OS mic controls (varies depending on the OS).  The Zoom mic control just sets the OS mic level control. The Zoom windows on a desktop control are not shared because of a possible video feedback loop.

I have a similar issue with a number of elderly participants. They have trusted me to use RealVNC remote desktop, which requires installation of a server component. This then gives full access to all windows.

LKC
Listener

that's a great idea, thank you!