cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer have access to backgrounds for free account

mgradie1
Listener

I signed into a meeting last night and found that I no longer have access to virtual backgrounds and that the options on my screen look nothing like what is shown in the support documents. I have a free personal account. HOWEVER, I also logged into the enterprise account I use at work and discovered the same thing. I used to be able to click on my image, go to settings and access a variety of backgrounds, including blur. This is no longer true on either account. Where did it go?

I am using Windows 10 on both devices.

3 REPLIES 3

Pollyanna
Listener

good luck!  It's also happened to many others. The "official answer" is that your processor is not fast enough to meet system requirements.  I saw a page where zoom told everyone same answer - despite several using NEW laptops with requirements necessary.  It has been disabled for me for weeks so cannot blame UnitedHealthcare hack either!  Bummer!  Wish I could rate zoom, cause I would! 

Pollyanna
Listener

I think you may have to purchase something to use now??  Shocking!  they hooked you and now want more money!

mgradie1
Listener

Thanks to everyone who replied. I have had a Zoom account since 20212, so I can't say I haven't gotten value from their free product. However, I also promoted Zoom as part of a relationship the non-profit I was working for had with Zoom. The goal was to increase access to health care in remote areas. So, part of me feels burned.  I wish I had gotten some notice of the change. As is my custom, I tested my audio and video before getting onto a meeting and saw that the laundry pile in the back was visible. By the time I realized that there was no solution other than move and find a better background, I was late to the meeting. As for the work account I have access to, it looks like they may have downgraded. I wonder if they are aware that the background feature has disappeared. I'll have to ask.