cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

improve video resolution on Pro Plan

johnheppenstall
Listener

How do I improve my video resolution on a Pro plan? I already have myself set at HD, and I checked 1080 under video settings, but am still not satisfied with the video quality

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

When it comes to resolution, Zoom is extremely... 'conservative' (stingy) about when to activate 1080, even with the correct settings ticked. Please ensure you're meeting all requirements outlined here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066166

I have personally found that Zoom will reduce Tx/Rx resolution for the entire call and recording when less than 1 attendee (which is you, if doing a self-record) is not viewing the Zoom window in full-screen / full-res.

You may also wish to ensure that 'HD' and 'Original Ratio' options are checked on your Zoom Client (Settings->Video). It sounds like you have already enabled 1080 on zoom.us and ensured that you're logged into your associated account when meeting/recording, which is also required.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

bstrelko

When it comes to resolution, Zoom is extremely... 'conservative' (stingy) about when to activate 1080, even with the correct settings ticked. Please ensure you're meeting all requirements outlined here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066166

I have personally found that Zoom will reduce Tx/Rx resolution for the entire call and recording when less than 1 attendee (which is you, if doing a self-record) is not viewing the Zoom window in full-screen / full-res.

You may also wish to ensure that 'HD' and 'Original Ratio' options are checked on your Zoom Client (Settings->Video). It sounds like you have already enabled 1080 on zoom.us and ensured that you're logged into your associated account when meeting/recording, which is also required.