cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot unmute or turn on video when meeting is recorded

SpaceRobot
Listener

Just updated zoom now when I join a meeting that is being recorded I cannot unmute or turn on video. Any idea how to fix this? Is this a bug on Zoom's end?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jennife
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi,

Before able to turn on video/audio, you have to respond to the recording disclaimer which is now moved to the top of the meeting window since 5.17.1. Otherwise, your attempts to turn on video/audio will be ignored. We will fix it in 5.17.5.

Jennife_0-1704692842379.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @SpaceRobot thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

That does seem strange! Would you be able to uninstall the Zoom app, restart your computer, and then reinstall the Zoom app to test if that does the trick? Usually, this solves any glitches with the Zoom app. Here's how to uninstall/reinstall: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0065146

Let me know if that helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I've done that many times as well and nothing is fixing it! I've also tried:

• turning off my firewall

• getting the host to send me an unmute request

• doing a hard restart on my computer after each of these and resetting PRAM

This all started after the most recent update to version 5.17.1 (27701), btw... 

I'm using version 5.16.10 (25689) on my laptop and that version is working fine. Would it be possible to get the older version of Zoom to install?

SpaceRobot
Listener

I've done that many time but no luck

Jennife

Hi,

Before able to turn on video/audio, you have to respond to the recording disclaimer which is now moved to the top of the meeting window since 5.17.1. Otherwise, your attempts to turn on video/audio will be ignored. We will fix it in 5.17.5.

Jennife_0-1704692842379.png

Hi Jennife, do you have timeline when the new 5.17.5 version will be released?

I don't understand how to respond. Can you explain in simpler terms

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Zafira @Rajesh5 just wanted to let you know that 5.17.5 is available, please Update Zoom to the latest version.

Secondly, Zoom gives a brief disclaimer that the meeting is being recorded, if partipants don't abide by by the disclaimer as shown in @Jennife's screenshot participants joining after the host has already started recording, their microphone will be muted and their video will be off until they provide consent, after which their microphone and video settings will revert back to the default for that meeting. More info within the KB on Providing consent to be recorded

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I'm sorry, but accepting the recording on prompt does not solve the problem.  I am told that I have the latest update on my MAC: 5.17.11.  

This is quite upsetting, considering I and others rely on zoom for our meetings.

Debra_L
Listener

I was able to resolve the issue... temporarily... by uninstalling the current version of Zoom and installing an older version from October 2023 from this website: https://zoom.en.uptodown.com/mac/versions 

At least I can now participate in meetings again.