cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom will not recognize my microphone despite a successful audio check

DavieVC
Listener

Greetings! When joining a meeting, Zoom will not allow me to use my default microphone. It automatically wants me to use my computer audio. I have checked all settings in the "Audio" section, and everything seems to work fine. I even ran the audio check, and I got the message that everything was working correctly. Regardless, Zoom only allows me to use my computer audio and not my default microphone. I have tried every single thing: checking Microsoft audio settings, uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom, etc. Noh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Zoom uses the catch-all term 'computer audio' to cover any/all audio devices connected to your computer, which includes your default microphone. Just want to address this before we move forward so that you can use a different term when describing specific audio devices.

Anyway! When you're in a call, which audio devices are available when you hit the up-caret next to the mute/unmute button? Can you send a snapshot of the list?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bstrelko

Zoom uses the catch-all term 'computer audio' to cover any/all audio devices connected to your computer, which includes your default microphone. Just want to address this before we move forward so that you can use a different term when describing specific audio devices.

Anyway! When you're in a call, which audio devices are available when you hit the up-caret next to the mute/unmute button? Can you send a snapshot of the list?

Greetings! I truly appreciate your response. Believe it or not, it helped me solve my microphone issue. Now, I even feel a bit silly because I was under the impression that "Join with Computer Audio" meant relying on the computer's original audio system rather than a separate audio device. Since the "Join Audio" box shows that option on top of the "Test Speaker and Microphone," I interpreted both the original computer audio and the USB microphone device as separate options. As soon as I read your explanation, I clicked "Join with Computer Audio" and saw the different audio options. I just learned something new about Zoom after so many years of using it. Wow! Thank you so much for the help, and sorry for the silly moment! Hehehe...

Valilou
Listener

what if, in my case, I don't have any microphone on my computer but want to join a meeting via the audio ? after I have "joined the audio" zoom is noticing me every 30 seconds that "your navigator doesn't allow you to use your microphone"  and interrupts the audio. I can't suppress the micro in the parameters. Help me or I'm going mad ! (I'm French and hoping that my English makes sense to you)