cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom not automatically detected mic

abk1
Listener

After a recent computer update, Zoom no longer automatically detects when I've plugged in my headset. When I'm home I take Zoom calls without my headset, and in the office I use it. In the past, Zoom would automatically switch to playing/recording sound from the external headset when I plugged it in. Now, it will continue playing sound of out my speakers and pick up sound from the internal mic after I plug in my headset. I have to manually switch the audio settings. Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi abk1,

i suggest doing a clean zoom and reinstall of zoom client.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom application – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot,

I have a Dell with Windows 11.  The mic stops working 40 or so minutes into the zoom meetings "Microphone not detected..." I have eliminated all apps I never use, limited what is opened at start up.  Today when it stopped working during the meeting I later looked at the event logs and copied them.  I will try to attach it here.  My windows is up to date, my zoom is on 5.17.2  Is it possible to get a previous version of zoom back before this update that has made my mic stop working?   Or is the zoom team making a fix for this problem?  

thanks

clarsen1

CLarsen1
Listener

Elliot or anyone at Zoom,

I have zoom meetings on Thursdays.  The mic works fine for the first part of each meeting.  It never had problems before January 11.  All last year it was okay.  What did you do to make it stop working?  Can I get a previous version of zoom so my mic will work for the whole meetings????   Please.