cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom desktop client silent install not working - Windows

MattF-TX
Listener

Greetings,

I'm trying to deploy the Zoom desktop client to a large group of lab PCs, however there are some issues I've run into.

I'm using the default installer, with no special configurations being applied.  Here's what I've found:

• The command line deployment with all the silent switches from the Zoom Mass Deployment support page simply does nothing:    

msiexec /i C:\ExamplePath\ZoomInstallerFull.msi /quiet /qn /norestart /log install.log

• I've found that even running that command while logged in locally to the client computer still does nothing
  • The only thing that works is running the command, while logged in locally, with no switches included other than the initial install "/i" switch.     

msiexec /i C:\ExamplePath\ZoomInstallerFull.msi

So as of right now, the only way for me to deploy the Zoom desktop client to our PCs, is by logging into each computer, and either double-clicking on the MSI itself, or, running msiexec /i C:\ExamplePath\ZoomInstallerFull.msi from either the Run line or a command prompt.

Is anyone out there successfully silently deploying the Zoom desktop client remotely?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MattF-TX
Listener

Hi Ilyassov,

Thanks for the reply, and information.

It turned out to be a rookie mistake on my part.  Running the msiexec command with only the install "/i" switch can be run normally with an admin login, but when adding the rest of the switches, it has to be run from either an elevated command prompt, or if run remotely, executed using the local system account.

Once I ran it remotely using the proper task deployment which uses the local system account (we currently use Symantec Ghost), it was successful.

Thanks again Ilyassov.

Your post got me looking at it from a different perspective, which led me to the solution.

Kind Regards,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ilyassov_Timur
Listener

Hi Matt,

We use Microsoft Endpoint Manager (SCCM) for deploy Zoom to each PC in our domain without any problem.

Command line:

msiexec /i "ZoomInstallerFull.msi" /q /norestart MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL="Disable" ZConfig="nogoogle=1;nofacebook=1" ZNoDesktopShortCut="true"

MattF-TX
Listener

Hi Ilyassov,

Thanks for the reply, and information.

It turned out to be a rookie mistake on my part.  Running the msiexec command with only the install "/i" switch can be run normally with an admin login, but when adding the rest of the switches, it has to be run from either an elevated command prompt, or if run remotely, executed using the local system account.

Once I ran it remotely using the proper task deployment which uses the local system account (we currently use Symantec Ghost), it was successful.

Thanks again Ilyassov.

Your post got me looking at it from a different perspective, which led me to the solution.

Kind Regards,

Matt