cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom can't output sound to bluetooth headphones (android)

Thecic
Listener

Hello. After the update on December 27, 2023, the sound will be output not to bluetooth headphones, but directly to the phone speaker. how to use it? Everything worked correctly before the update. My phone is samsung galaxy s20 plus. My bluetooth headphones are KZ T10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SweetE
Listener

I had the same problem and upon going through a few forums someone finally found the solution and it works. This is what you should do: add the "nearby devices" permission through the Zoom app settings.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Android audio is notoriously finnicky, especially when OS-established audio is used by apps like Zoom.

Can you try exiting the Zoom application entirely, rebooting your phone, establishing the BT audio connection, and then launching Zoom?

Hello) I tried reinstalling the zoom application, rebooting the phone and launching the application after connecting bluetooth, but it did not help me( The problem appeared after updating to version 5.17.1.18472, but I cannot install the previous version. On my old phone, the zoom application version 5.16.10.17646 and everything works correctly on it

SweetE
Listener

I had the same problem and upon going through a few forums someone finally found the solution and it works. This is what you should do: add the "nearby devices" permission through the Zoom app settings.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Thecic, did any of the replies provide a helpful solution? I have seen a few posts where @SweetE solution worked. Let me know if that helped so that we can accept it as a solution. Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?