cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Participant Video on When Screen Sharing

akaw
Listener

Hi there, when I'm sharing my screen/presenting - my gallery view of all video participants completely disappears. It makes it difficult to see who is speaking or who has joined in the meeting. I've searched through the other discussions here and the only answer I found is the "more" + "show video". Unfortunately, when I click on "more" when screen sharing, the "show video" option does not appear for me. See screenshot below. Does anyone know a workaround or another way for this to show?

4 REPLIES 4

LaCresta
Listener

This just started happening to me...I've been doing the exact same thing for 3 years and as of last week gallery view and meeting controls disappear as soon as I screen share..Did you find a solution?

Doula_D
Listener

I have all of sudden started having this issue, its very frustrating and making facilitation very difficult

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @akaw @LaCresta @Doula_D welcome to the community! When you share screen, you will see the floating meeting controls will show up if you are sharing the screen, however, if others are sharing their screen - you will not see the floating meeting controls.

Within the attached screenshot below on the floating meeting controls, you may have this hidden. 

• Ctrl+Alt+Shift+H: Show/hide floating meeting controls

Secondly, you can change your view back to gallery view from the "view" tab in-meeting in the upper-right hand corner. 

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 12.03.42 PM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

LaCresta
Listener

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that's not the solution to the problem. Historically when I share screen I could use the floating meeting controls or the control panel along the bottom of the screen, like the one showing in your screen shot. That is the control panel   that disappears when I click  share screen, this does not happen consistently, and I can't determine why it's happening...I'd prefer t ouse it as I historically have for the last 5 years, vs the floating meeting controls....I hope that clarifies..Thx