cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Update Required

awakeningthebal
Listener

Dear Zoom Moderator,

HI. Thanks so much for contacting me. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. 

To the best of my knowledge I ran the Uninstall and Clean Zoom programs, as the article advised. Although it was automatic and I did not see any indicator that said it was finished or had run successfully, like it downloaded and that was it...
maybe I need to check something to see if that whole process worked?
Also, I think I need to check if it worked by being in a Zoom meeting. What's been happening now for almost 2 weeks is that I cannot launch, as I said before. Is there a way to check now?

I would just love to be purring along with my Zoom meetings again.

Elizabeth
4 REPLIES 4

A_Lim
Listener

I have the same issues -  was working fine until two weeks ago when the desktop app decided to do an update, after which it did not relaunch the app and I haven't been able to open the desktop app or launch meetings from the online sign in.  I am able to log in to my account online but launching meetings will not work.  Specifically, it prompts to launch but when I click on the launch, nothing happens.

A_Lim
Listener

I have the same issues -  was working fine until two weeks ago when the desktop app decided to do an update, after which it did not relaunch the app and I haven't been able to open the desktop app or launch meetings from the online sign in.  I am able to log in to my account online but launching meetings will not work.  Specifically, it prompts to launch but when I click on the launch, nothing happens.

A_Lim
Listener

I found a solution.  Download and install a previous (the last version) that worked.  

https://zoom-us-zoom.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions#:~:text=If%20you%20need%20a%20rollback,Zoom%20....

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @awakeningthebal welcome to the community! By your discussion title it sounds like you're getting the error "update required". We have a Knowledge Base article about Error: Update Required. Please let me know if what's in there helps! Otherwise, we can continue to troubleshoot!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!