cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meeting Participants Suddenly not able to hear audio

AlfredLazarus
Listener

I host daily zoom sessions with multiple participants and everything's been fine. In the last few days many of my participants are reporting that after joining the room and being connected to audio they suddenly loose their audio. They have to then disconnect their audio and rejoin back but after a while the audio again gets cut off. Anyone facing this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

TrackerDave
Listener

Alfred - I've hosted 6 meetings this past week with a cumulative time of about 21 hrs and an average headcount of 50-90 attendees. My ISP is Comcast, in New Jersey. Haven't had any audio issues like you described.  Any chance that those affected are experiencing a local ISP disruption? BTW when hosting a meeting, I invariably have a second device running Zoom as an attendee to monitor the incoming audio/video signal - doing so may help determine if it's an issue on your end or a local ISP problem.

Thanks Dave, good to know you're not facing this issue. I'm running the meetings in India and yes I do run a second device infact we are 3 people additional on these meetings and we have not experienced this issue. But we join using our laptops and our users join via mobile i'm wondering if thats the issue. I will check this out on mobile across our team and report back.

TrackerDave
Listener

Good luck - I'll be interested in what you find out.

I have confirmed this as an issue. Its happening only for random users who are connecting via mobile. Its not an ISP issue or internet issue as my mobile & laptop were on the same wifi. The issue seems like the audio just cuts off and the participant has to disconnect audio and then join with audio again, however it keeps getting cut of every few seconds. 

In the video you can see I keep having to disconnect audio and join audio and then suddenly the audio gets cut off. Other Participants are reporting the same issue. I did not have this issue on my laptop.