cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Linux 5.17.5 mini window does not appear on all desktops

Luminarycrush
Listener

I recently updated Zoom on Linux to 5.17.5 and noticed a new behavior:  when switching desktops the mini-window appears on the first desktop I switch to, but if I switch to a 3rd desktop (or, back to the original) it remains pinned to the second desktop.
In other words, once mini-Zoom appears it stays put on the desktop it goes mini on.
Past behavior was that the mini-Zoom window followed me around until I needed to maximize it again.  This was the desired behavior and for me, very handy.
Now it's quite easy to lose the mini window (when you have 10 workspaces and dozens of browser windows.. don't judge!).
Is this a setting which can be adjusted and reset to the old behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Luminarycrush
Listener

After a few more days of frustration I'm downgrading Zoom to a previous working version until this bug is fixed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WmDC
Listener

Yes.  I just discovered this new "feature" of 5.17.5!   It is ***VERY*** annoying.  I use ubuntu 20.03 LTS with 4 different workspaces on my laptop.   With previous versions of zoom, when I switch workspaces, the tiny zoom window would follow me, and I could maximize it when needed.  That was very convenient.   But now if I open zoom (in its full window) and then switch workspaces, the tiny window goes to that workspace  AND STAYS THERE.   I can maximize and minimize it, but when I switch workspaces again, it just stays there.   If I maximize it and then right-click in the top bar and select "Move to another workspace", or "Always on Visible Workspace" , that works for the maximized window.   But it will no longer automatically have the minimized window follow me around through several workspaces.   I need to do extra (and unnecessary) work to find where my zoom window got stuck and then to get it where I want it.    Sigh....

PLEASE RESTORE THE PREVIOUS BEHAVIOR!!!

Luminarycrush
Listener

After a few more days of frustration I'm downgrading Zoom to a previous working version until this bug is fixed. 

imillstrom
Listener

I am also having this issue. It is really annoying and causing interruptions in all of my meetings.  Don't know why this is marked as "solved". A downgrade is not a solution.