cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video and Sound not synchronised on Windows 11

AndrewB_S
Listener

I recently got a new laptop running Windows 11 rather than Windows 10 on my old laptop. Now I am getting complaints from others that, for the first time, my sound is slightly behind my video on Zoom Meetings. 

My guess is that it's probably a Windows 11 setting but there are so many to choose from. Has anyone had a similar problem and, if so, how do I fix this?

(I tried getting a separate microphone but that made no difference so the mic is being returned tomorrow.) I am on a fast broadband connection so I don't think that's the issue either and all my drivers (mic, and camera) are the latest available (as is my version of Zoom).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The drivers were not the source of the problem. In the end I found the relevant setting to change was the Graphics, which you can either find from the Settings screen or you can select >Settings > Display >Graphics and then change the Camera setting from "Let Windows decide (Power saving)" to "High performance (Not recommended)". This worked and I have had no further issues.  I have included a snip from the settings screen below:

AndrewB_S_0-1655436024206.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Shaimaa
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi AndrewB_S

You could try to check the device sound driver's Open Settings app and go to System. Under System, go to Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters. Click on Run next to Playing Audio troubleshooter.

Also, check for updates for your OS and update the BIOS.

Can you please try these steps?

Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

The drivers were not the source of the problem. In the end I found the relevant setting to change was the Graphics, which you can either find from the Settings screen or you can select >Settings > Display >Graphics and then change the Camera setting from "Let Windows decide (Power saving)" to "High performance (Not recommended)". This worked and I have had no further issues.  I have included a snip from the settings screen below:

AndrewB_S_0-1655436024206.png

I have the same problem.  :(( Does this work to you? I am wondering if I change the graphics preference, there will be another problem.

I have been using these graphics settings without any problem since I posted my reply. I am not a gamer so I don't know whether changing the graphics setting would have an impact on any games. What I can tell you is that, since changing the graphics setting, I have had no feedback from others about my speech not synchronising with my video and I use Zoom regularly several times a week. I hope this helps.

Thank you, Andrew! I just changed mine. I hope there will be no problem tomorrow. I am an online teacher and this has become my problem when I started on a daily basis.  

Unfortunately, it does not work. It still has a sound delay. I am so frustrated. :((( Everything works fine with other apps except Zoom.

Same, I've tried everything and I am ready to burn it all own and buy completely new hardware - I cannot solve this annoying issue for the life of me. 

So annoying!

I was able to figure out this problem after several weeks of many attempts. It's working perfectly now. Are you still having this issue as of now?

I have been searching for the cause of the video delay relative to audio on our Zoom Rooms Display 10 85 inch touchscreen system running an AverCam 550 which has worked fine until late November and I’ve done everything, including a full wipe and reinstall of Windows on the Display 10 PC module, but this. Fingers crossed that this is the problem!