cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove bombers who repeatedly raise/lower their hand.

Heinrich_Bremen
Listener

Hello,

Last night we were attacked by a very aggressive zoom bomber showing very inappropriate video. I was unable to throw him out at first because he was repeatedly raising/lowering his hand at a hight rate. This resulted in his tile moving to the list of raised hands and back quickly, so I was unable to click his tile in order to get the popup menu to throw him out.
The same occurred with the participants list giving me no chance to access the menu.

Eventually we resorted to suspending all meeting activities which settled the situation and allowed me to access his tile's menu and remove him.

When is was preparing a video for our other hosts and co-hosts the next day, explaining how to remedy such a situation, I noticed that participants can still raise and lower their hands when activities are suspended. Obviously, our bomber had given up when we suspended activities. He could instead have continued flipping his hand.

Although we were able to continue our meeting undisturbed, I would really like a solution for this situation, i.e. a switch allowing me to disable raising hands, like it is already possible in webinars, allowing me to remove bombers more quickly.

Kind regards,

Heinrich

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Greetings, Heinrich/@Heinrich_Bremen ,

I agree that the Suspend Participant Activities menu item should suspend all activities for all participants, including the Raise Hand reaction feature. 

Note that the Host and Co-Hosts are not affected by the Suspend Participant Activities activation, and so on the unlikely-but-possible chance that one of your Co-Hosts has gone rogue, disabling their Co-Host authorization will stop them while Suspend Participant Activities is activated.

Though others reading this thread may not have experienced the need yet, you may have noted the Report to Zoom check box in the pop-up that appears when enabling Suspend Participant Activities:

Ray_Harwood_0-1698436032032.png

If you truly have a "Zoom-bomber" situation, I do recommend leaving this checked. 

Ater your meeting is closed, you can report the disruption to Zoom's Trust Center here (you should be logged into Zoom before accessing this form):

https://zoom.us/trust-form 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

The Feature Request process changed recently. Submit feature requests and other product feedback according to the process described here:
https://www.zoom.us/feed
If you do not see the Give Feedback tab, follow the process indicated to enable the feedback feature on your account.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood

Greetings, Heinrich/@Heinrich_Bremen ,

I agree that the Suspend Participant Activities menu item should suspend all activities for all participants, including the Raise Hand reaction feature. 

Note that the Host and Co-Hosts are not affected by the Suspend Participant Activities activation, and so on the unlikely-but-possible chance that one of your Co-Hosts has gone rogue, disabling their Co-Host authorization will stop them while Suspend Participant Activities is activated.

Though others reading this thread may not have experienced the need yet, you may have noted the Report to Zoom check box in the pop-up that appears when enabling Suspend Participant Activities:

Ray_Harwood_0-1698436032032.png

If you truly have a "Zoom-bomber" situation, I do recommend leaving this checked. 

Ater your meeting is closed, you can report the disruption to Zoom's Trust Center here (you should be logged into Zoom before accessing this form):

https://zoom.us/trust-form 

I would like this feature as well - they use the  raise and lower hand feature to keep from being removed. 

Heinrich_Bremen
Listener
Hi Ray,

Thanks so much for your reply. I will consider using the report feature next time.
Is there a channel where can I directly send feature requests to?
Thanks,
      Heinrich

Ray_Harwood

The Feature Request process changed recently. Submit feature requests and other product feedback according to the process described here:
https://www.zoom.us/feed
If you do not see the Give Feedback tab, follow the process indicated to enable the feedback feature on your account.

iammayim
Listener

I would love to see a solution to this as well.  Zoom bombers are infiltrating our meeting and when activities were suspended, they were still able to use this feature to keep us from being able to remove them. 

I found a solution using breakout rooms:

• Create a breakout room
  • Check "Assign manually"
  • Under options (gear symbol) deselect everything except "Automatically move all assigned participants into breakout rooms" (See Screenshot)
  • Select "Open all rooms"
  • You now see a list of all participants with your bomber at a fixed position. Next to him, click "Assign to" and select the breakout room
  • He is now moved to the breakout room where you can let him starve or leave the meeting

Hope this helps.