cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open Audio and Camera

jdmsanjuan
Listener

Hi, 

I joined an interview via Zoom, but I'm unable to unmute myself or open my video. While in the waiting room, I checked my mic and cam in the system to test it and both of them were working fine. I tried rejoining for 10x but still, the audio and camera buttons are not working. It's not grayed out, but nothing happens even after clicking it. I went to a different meeting and both the cam and mic worked fine. Joined the same link for the interview but the same issue persisted. I restarted both the app and computer, but same issue. The host even tried unmuting me but after clicking unmute, nothing still happened. 

4 REPLIES 4

Jmfarley
Listener

if using a Mac with current version and updated Zoom. There is a banner in the upper right corner of your screen “leave meeting” with button “OK”. Programming error in wording and should read to acknowledged recording in progress” 

try clicking that (not red leave meeting button bottom right) 

otherwise chat with host and request they send you a request to unmute-and- start video. That has worked for me also. 

Jmfarley_0-1704394357980.png

clivesneddon
Listener

I had the same problem, but it was preceded by a screen from google.com which I have never seen before.  It asked if I wanted to go to the meeting whose link I had just clicked on. The effect of being unable to use my microphone and camera was that I could see and hear the meeting, and look at my name in a black box among the participants.  I used old fashioned email to contact the principal speaker afterwards.

I just had the same. I was in the meeting and camera and mic were working fine. Then the meeting needed to go on longer but she had set it to end in a few mins, so she asked us to sign out and sign back in again using the same link. When I got back in I could not get the mic and video buttons to respond. I signed out and in again, same problem. I used another laptop, same problem! I could hear and write in the chat but nothing else. After it ended I logged into my own account and started a meeting and the mic and video worked fine. 

Hopefully someone can give us an answer on why this happened and how to resolve it?