cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch control of meeting from one device to another:

StanJere
Listener

I use the cameras on an iPad and a laptop in the meeting.  Control of the meeting is on the iPad.  I want to switch control to the laptop.  How do I do this?

2 REPLIES 2

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Can you clarify? When you say 'control of the meeting' do you mean host privileges?

Yes, host privileges.  I start up Zoom on the laptop and I want this to be Host device.  I then start up the iPad and then get a dialogue Reclaim Host?  or Stay Participant.  I select Stay Participant hoping that that will ensure my laptop is hosting the meeting.  I select Gallery View for both devices.  However, when the meeting has started the laptop only displays those participants that have their cameras on, whereas the iPad screen displays both participants with their cameras on, those with cameras off - as silhouettes - plus those joining the meeting by telephone.  In other words, the iPad seems to have remained Host insofar as it displays all participants, whereas the laptop does not.  Moreover - and I don't know if this is related - we had a Zoom Bomber a couple of weeks back and I was unable to exclude him via the laptop.  However, I was also unable to exclude him via the iPad, so it may be that his technical skills as a Bomber exceeded mine, which are rather limited.